Day 32: Quick Update
Tonight I’m tired and I need to pack for another trip home. It’s been a good week so far, so I thought I’d share some of the better moments:
- On Monday, I took the Georgian out for drinks for his birthday and boy, can he drink. I don’t think we ever understood more than 65% of what the other was trying to stay, but many laughs (and beers) were had.
- On Tuesday morning, I received a text from a family friend from home saying she was in town and she wanted to take me out for Italian food in the North End. So we did that. It was lovely.
- On Wednesday, I had a good day volunteering and feeling “normal,” but I already wrote about that.
- Today, well today’s gonna get a few bullet points.
- The same family friend from Tuesday invited me to join in their annual Steak and Lobster feast at her uncle’s lake house in New Hampshire.
- I got a ride up from her Uncle Joe, an elder, wise-cracking lawyer who showed me the best places to get meat, lobster and corn near the norther Mass border. I’d share, but I was sworn to secrecy.
- At age 25, after years of failed attempts, I finally caught my first fish (pictures to come). The 12 year old girl who was teaching me may have caught two before I even got a nibble, but still, I DID IT!
- And finally, tomorrow, I get to see Julie. Not a bad way to end the week.
Okay, bed time for me.
Twenty-three treatments down, TWELVE to go!